16 Sad Quotes That Will Get You Through Your Toughest Days you're ready to start feeling better, read up on some inspirational quotes.
Sometimes you just want to feel the feels, embrace the saddness and just go with it. Below you will find the 20 saddest quotes that will make you cry found in YA books. Some of these quotes are sad because, well, they are just sad, but some of these are sad because you probably read the book and you know exactly which moment this quote comes from and now you’re sad thinking about it.
Don’t forget to have your Use In Case of Feels tissues nearby when reading through this list!
BEWARE! FEELS AHEAD!
“Depression is like a heaviness that you can’t ever escape. It crushes down on you, making even the smallest things like tying your shoes or chewing on toast seem like a twenty-mile hike uphill. Depression is a part of you; it’s in your bones and your blood.”
― Jasmine Warga, My Heart and Other Black Holes
“I wanted to kill someone and I wanted to die and I wanted to run as far and as fast as I could because she was never coming back. She had fallen off the face of the earth and she was never coming back.”
― Melissa Kantor, Maybe One Day
“There’s death all around us. Everywhere we look. 1.8 people kill themselves every second. We just don’t pay attention. Until we do.”
― Cynthia Hand, The Last Time We Say Goodbye
“I guess that’s what saying good-bye is always like–like jumping off an edge. The worst part is making the choice to do it. Once you’re in the air, there’s nothing you can do but let go.”
― Lauren Oliver, Before I Fall
“This is what it felt like to have a broken heart. It felt less like a cracking down the middle and more like she had swallowed it whole and it sat bruised and bleeding in the pit of her stomach.”
― Wendy Wunder, The Probability of Miracles
“She had tricked him. She had made him leave his old self behind and come into her world, and then before he was really at home in it but too late to go back, she had left him stranded there–like an astronaut wandering about on the moon. Alone.”
― Katherine Paterson, Bridge to Terabithia
“The sun kept on with its slipping away, and I thought how many small good things in the world might be resting on the shoulders of something terrible.”
― Carol Rifka Brunt, Tell the Wolves I’m Home
“As the light begins to intensify, so does my misery, and I wonder how it is possible to hurt so much when nothing is wrong.”
― Tabitha Suzuma, Forbidden
“But grief makes a monster out of us sometimes . . . and sometimes you say and do things to the people you love that you can’t forgive yourself for.”
― Melina Marchetta, Jellicoe Road
“Leaning against my father, the sadness finally broke open inside me, hollowing out my heart and leaving me bleeding. My feet felt rooted in the dirt. There were more than two bodies buried here. Pieces of me that I didn’t even know were under the ground. Pieces of dad, too.”
― Laurie Halse Anderson, The Impossible Knife of Memory
“Have you ever wondered what a human life is worth? That morning, my brother’s was worth a pocket watch.”
― Ruta Sepetys, Between Shades of Gray
“My sister will die over and over again for the rest of my life. Grief is forever. It doesn’t go away; it becomes a part of you, step for step, breath for breath. I will never stop grieving Bailey because I will never stop loving her. That’s just how it is. Grief and love are conjoined, you don’t get one without the other. All I can do is love her, and love the world, emulate her by living with daring and spirit and joy.”
― Jandy Nelson, The Sky is Everywhere
“Sometimes pain is so unmanageable that the idea of spending another day with it seems impossible. Other times pain acts as a compass to help you through the messier tunnels of growing up. But pain can only help you find happiness if you remember it.”
― Adam Silvera, More Happy Than Not
“A lot of you cared, just not enough.”
― Jay Asher, Thirteen Reasons Why
“Breathing is hard. When you cry so much, it makes you realize that breathing is hard.”
― David Levithan, Love Is the Higher Law
“Long time I been on my own, but now really I’m alone. I survive the killing, the starving, all the hate of the Khmer Rouge, but I think maybe now I will die of this, of broken heart.”
― Patricia McCormick, Never Fall Down
“I don’t know if it’s possible to take hate away from people. Not even people like us, who’ve seen firsthand what hate can do. We’re all hurting. We’re all going to be hurting for a long time. And we, probably more than anyone else out there, will be searching for a new reality every day. A better one.”
― Jennifer Brown, Hate List
“It’s raining in my heart
like it’s raining in the city.
What is this sadness
that pierces my heart?”
― Sonya Sones, Stop Pretending
“Grief is not as heavy as guilt, but it takes more away from you.”
― Veronica Roth, Insurgent
“Envy hurt exponentially more than heartbreak because your soul was torn in two, half soaring with happiness for another person, half mired in a well of selfpity
― Diana Peterfreund, For Darkness Shows the Stars
“You were merely wishing for the end of pain, the monster said. Your own pain. An end to how it isolated you. It is the most human wish of all.”
― Patrick Ness, A Monster Calls
“But a part of me lies buried in lace and roses on a riverbank in France-a part of me is broken off forever. A part of me will be unflyable, stuck in the climb.”
― Elizabeth Wein, Code Name Verity
Depression Quotes That Capture Exactly What You're Feeling Repeat after me: Depression is not the same as sadness “It's so difficult to describe depression to someone who's never been there, because it feels a lot less like sadness and a lot more like the emotional equivalent of watching paint dry.
1. “When you’re in love, you expose yourself the possibility of being hurt by someone you truly trust.”
2. “Some people think I’m depressed, but I’m really just a realist in a world that’s depressing.”
3. “Every person’s heart has pain, but they express that pain in different ways. Some will hide it in their eyes, while others will hide it in their smile.”
4. “Crying allows your eyes to speak when your mouth can no longer explain how broken your heart is.”
5. “You made me believe that you loved me, and then you left me behind like nothing ever mattered between us.”
6. “You’re better off being alone than being with someone who makes you feel like you’re alone.”
7. “Here’s the problem with getting too attached to someone: whenever they leave, you feel completely lost.”
8. “You killed off the last good part of me.”
9. “It’s hard to forget all about someone who gave you so many things to remember.”
10. “I love to cry in the rain because that’s the only time no one can hear the pain.”
11. “If a man really wants you, there’s nothing in the world that can keep him away. When a man doesn’t want you, there’s nothing in the world that can make him stay.”
12. “The hardest thing in life is to watch someone you love, love another person.”
13. “It’s really hard to wait for something that may never happen, and it’s even harder to quit on something when it’s everything you want.”
14. “How can you feel better when the one person who can stop you from crying is the same person who made you cry in the first place?”
15. “Don’t make someone a priority when all you are is an option to them.”
16. “I really don’t hate you. I’m just disappointed that you wound up turning into everything you said that you would never be.”
17. “It’s bad to lose someone you love, but it’s even harder to lose yourself while you’re loving them.”
18. “The more time you spend dancing with the devil, the more time you spend in hell.”
19. “Someone may desire you, but that doesn’t mean they truly value you.”
20. “I don’t understand why life keeps trying to teach me lessons I don’t want to learn.”
21. “Time never really heals the heart. It only lets the heart forget about the hurt and pain.”
22. “Whenever you hear me say, “don’t worry, I’m good,” I’m really not. But don’t worry, I’m good.”
23. “I can’t explain why I’m sad or why the tears are falling because I don’t have all the answers. All I know is that I have depression, and depression really doesn’t need a reason.”
24. “There’s no reason to always pretend to be strong. You don’t have to prove to everyone that you’re happy and everything’s going well all the time.”
25. “When you love someone who doesn’t love you back, it’s like hugging a cactus; the tighter you hold onto it, the more it hurts.”
26. “They always say that you should never give up, but there are times when giving up is the best option because you finally realize that you’re only wasting your time.”
27. “When you’re with the wrong person, you will never get what you want. And that person will always get what they want from you.”
28. “If you have to convince a person that they are the right one for you, then they are not the right person for you.”
29. “Don’t ever be afraid to let go because you just never know what greater things will replace all those that you lost.”
30. “I may have let you go, but that doesn’t mean I wanted to.”
31. “If he’s the one causing you to lose your family, friends, happiness and confidence, then you need to lose him.”
32. “I’m going to write you a letter that starts with “I love you,” ends with “I love you,” and somewhere in between is a good-bye for every single hurt.”
33. “I will continue to wait for you until the day I can finally forget you or until the day that you finally realize you can’t forget me.”
34. “The pain I feel is the only thing that reminds me I’m still alive.”
35. “The worst feeling in the world is pretending that you don’t care at all when that’s really all you can think about.”
36. “People will ignore you until they need you.”
37. “Don’t give that special place in your heart to just anyone. Save it for someone who understands the value of that place.”
38. “I tried so hard to forget you, but the harder I keep trying, the more I think about you.”
39. “If time was the thing that made me lose what we had, then I really hate time.”
40. “It really hurts when you hold someone in your heart that you can’t have in your arms.”
41. “There is a special kind of pain that comes along with loving a person more than they love you.”
42. “Don’t think you can come running back to me when people begin treating you the same way you treat other people.”
43. “I really can’t wait for the day when I can finally look at you and feel absolutely nothing.”
44. “Everyone is going to hurt you. You just need to find that one person who is worth suffering for.”
45. “Sometimes, it’s the people you don’t want to get hurt that actually don’t care if they hurt you.”
46. “Depression – you can’t truly understand it unless you’ve already been through it.”
47. “You’ve seen me laugh and smile so many times, but have you ever wondered whether or not it’s real? Can you really not see through my act and how truly alone I am?”
48. “Each and every time I start trusting someone, they remind why I should have never tried in the first place.”
49. “It’s a sad day when you are hurt so much all the time that you finally start saying “I’m used to it”.”
50. “Sometimes, it really is better to be alone. That way, no one can hurt you.”
51. “Everyone wants to be happy. No one wants to be in pain or be sad, but you can’t have a rainbow without experiencing a little rain.”
52. “Dear heart – please stop involving yourself in everything. Your only job is to pump blood, so please stick to that.”
53. “The most painful memory I have is of me walking away and you letting me go.”
54. “That same person who said the nicest things to me is also the same person who said some of the meanest things to me.”
55. “I’ve decided not to rely on anyone anymore because I’m just so tired of being disappointed all the time.”
56. “I hate that feeling when you smile at your crush, and they never even acknowledge your presence.”
57. “I feel like I’m so far away from the one person I would love to hold in my arms.”
58. “I hate that you ignore me for so long, and then you think you can talk to me like nothing at all ever happened.”
59. “Sometimes, you have to laugh to hide your fears and smile to hide your tears.”
60. “It’s a sad day when you realize that you really aren’t as important to someone as you thought you were.”
61. “It’s the invisible tears that are the hardest to wipe away.”
62. “It’s always the moment you start caring when you get hurt the most.”
63. “I won’t ever stop caring about you, but if you do decide to push me away, I will go away.”
64. “Most people are lonely because they decide to build walls instead of bridges.”
65. “Why is it that the people you love the most are the ones that hit you the hardest?”
66. “I really hate being broken. And I really hate that I can never go back.”
67. “The truth will hurt for a little while, but lies will hurt you for the rest of your life.”
68. “It’s not the fact that we never talk that’s sad; it’s the fact that we used to talk every day.”
69. “I’m having one of those days where I feel like I can’t do anything right.”
70. “How did we move from talking every single day to being strangers?”
71. “I’m so tired of hearing about everyone else’s special person – I want one of my own.”
72. “I feel like I have the weight of the world sitting on my shoulders.”
73. “There comes a point where you have to know when to stop hoping.”
74. “I know there’s no point in crying. The tears that fall from my eyes will never bring you back to me.”
75. “If you plan on making me cry, at least be there to help wipe away the tears.”
76. “The deepest people are the people who have been hurt the most.”
77. “Remember – the sun doesn’t always shine and the sky isn’t always blue. It’s okay to fall apart sometimes.”
78. “Everyone knows that something is wrong, but nobody knows what is causing the pain.”
79. “I enjoy having low self-esteem. It makes me feel like I’m special.”
80. “Take a good look at me. You may think that you know me, but you will never truly know who I am.”
81. “As a child, I was terrified of ghosts. Now that I’m older, I realize that people are scarier.”
82. “There comes a point when you need to finally realize that some people can be allowed to stay in your heart, but not in your life.”
83. “It’s really hard to get a role in someone’s life when you’re not even in the script.”
84. “I’m having one of those days where I feel like the entire world is crashing around me, but I’m powerless to stop it. All I can do is keep on living.”
85. “I’m terrified of being happy because every time I think I’m finally happy, something winds up going wrong.”
86. “Whenever I try to talk, I feel like my thoughts don’t matter. So, I wind up just shutting myself out from the rest of the world.”
87. “I try to hide my tears behind my fake smile. That way, no one can see how much pain I’m in. I may be dying inside, but I still pretend that everything is fine.”
88. “Don’t make a promise if you can’t keep it. Don’t tell me that you love me unless you really mean it.”
89. “It’s getting harder and harder to fake a smile.”
90. “I wasn’t aware that “forever” actually had an expiration date.”
91. “Loneliness is a human condition, and no one will ever be able to fill that space.”
92. “The people who say that sunshine will bring happiness are the same people who have never danced in the rain.”
93. “It isn’t about how tragically we suffer, but how miraculous our living is.”
94. “There are times when you just need to run away to see who will chase you.”
95. “There are some of us here who are just trying to get through the day without completely falling apart.”
96. “People try to understand, but no one can really know what it’s like to live like this.”
97. “I hate it when people tell you that they love you or miss you when they never actually make an effort to see you or call you.”
98. “Why am I so afraid to lose you? I’m not even yours.”
99. “Love’s ladder is dangerous; the higher you climb, the harder the fall.”
100. “There are times when I feel so much, but there’s so little that I can say.”
101. “Moving on is the only option because if you don’t, you will wind up being stuck wherever you are.”
102. “Someone wake me up when things are finally going right.”
103. “Never try to please other people if you know that it won’t work out in the end.”
104. “I’m trying really hard to keep it together, but I’m running out of super glue.”
105. “I’m tired of fake people, of being used and of being lied to. I’m just plain tired of people.”
106. “I’m that person who never gets to sleep because I can’t stop thinking about the smallest things that never really matter.”
107. “There are nights when I burn inside the fire of my own thoughts.”
108. “It actually kills me when you’re busy with life, when you ignore me and when we don’t talk.”
109. “When you have lived so long in despair, you can’t stand to hope anymore.”
110. “It is amazing how heavy emptiness feels.”
111. “There are times when I think I want to disappear, but all I really want is to be found.”
112. “Remembering is easy for people who have brains. Forgetting is nearly impossible for people with hearts.”
113. “There are times when you just have to let people go. It’s not because you don’t care, but because they don’t care.”
114. “I still find myself feeling sad about the things that don’t even matter anymore.”
115. “No one can handle your heart better than you, so don’t give it to a person and then complain that they hurt it.”
116. “No matter how hard you pray, wish or beg, you just have to accept that things will change and they always will – even if those things are the closest to you.”
117. “I love photographs because they never change – even if the people in them do.”
118. “I tell other people that I’m fine. I tell myself that I’m okay. I remind myself that I’ll make it through this day. But am I telling myself the truth, or am I just lying?”
119. “You really never know what you have until it’s gone.”
120. “Yes, I have trust issues. I’m the only person who hasn’t let me down.”
121. “The tongue may weigh very little, but only a few people can hold it.”
122. “Please don’t help me up if you only plan on pushing me back down again.”
If you’re feeling sad or blue, share one of our quotes and status messages with your family and friends!
Let’s admit it. It makes us happy every time we receive sweet messages from the one we love.
We can’t help but gush over it. At the very least, it can make us smile.
A loving message from your partner will surely brighten up your day. There is nothing sweeter than to receive a sweet text when you need it the most.
Indeed, it is hard to imagine what life would be without love. So, we will share with you touching love messages you can share with your beloved.
1. I may not be your first love, first kiss or first date but I just want to be your last everything.
2. If I was a teardrop in your eye I would roll down onto your lips. But if you were a tear in my eye I would never cry as I would be afraid to lose you.
3. My world was so empty and dark that it all seemed so meaningless to me. But when I met you, suddenly it felt like the sky over me has lightened up by thousand stars. I love you!
4. I was dreaming of an angel to come in my life and shower it with unlimited love. Then I woke up and saw you. I realized reality is more beautiful than my dream was. I am lucky to have you!
5. It’s hard to find someone who is willing to stay with you in every up and down of your life. I feel blessed to have you in my life because I know no matter what happens you will never stop loving me!
6. Love can never be measured. It can only be felt. You have painted my life with the colors of heaven. I don’t want anything else as long as your love is with me!
7. Even if the stars fail to shine and the moon refuses to light up the world, I know I have nothing to fear. I have my guardian angel to look after me, care for me and love me forever and always. I love you!
8. You make me forget how to breathe.
9. Nobody is perfect, but you’re so close it’s scary.
10. All I need is you right here.
11. I love you more than I did yesterday but not more than I will tomorrow.
12. I always wake up smiling. I think it’s your fault.
13. Just had to let you know… loving you is the best thing that happened to me.
14. The only time I stupidly smile at my phone is when I get text messages from you.
15. What is love? It is what makes your cell phone ring every time I send text messages.
16. Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
17. If there’s anything in life I wouldn’t want to change, it is the chance of meeting you and falling in love with you.
18. Your sparkling eyes, beautiful smile, sweet lips, and your entire being just hypnotize me with feelings I adore.
19. You’re the center of my fantasy because I love you way more than the sun than brighten my day and the moon that keeps the night awake.
20. You came during the darkest days of my life. I was dispirited and broken inside. And when everything was but a mess, Your love shone the brightest. Then I started to dream for a bright future with you. I love you. I surely do.
21. You have this incredible way of making my heart happy.
22. I want to be your favorite hello and your hardest goodbye.
(Buddhism has an incredible amount to teach us about relationships. In our new eBook, we use iconic Buddhist teachings to provide no-nonsense suggestions for living a better life. Check it out here.)
1. The more I spend time with you, the more I fall in love with you every day. You have a very gentle and beautiful heart that I promise to take care of all my life. I love you!
2. I was lost and hopeless. But I kept praying for a savior to come in my life. God accepted my prayer and sent you. Now I owe you my life for eternity. Loving you madly is the only thing I can do perfectly!
3. It takes great luck to have someone like you as a boyfriend. I feel blessed every day and every moment for this gift. I will love you till my last breath no matter what life brings before us!
4. The more I spend time with you, the more I fall in love with you every day. You have a very gentle and beautiful heart that I promise to take care of all my life. I love you!
5. They say love can’t be seen, it can only be felt. But they were wrong. I have seen it many times. I have seen true love for me in your eyes. And it’s the most beautiful thing I have ever seen!
6. Thanks for being there for me always. I have never known anyone who could love with such intensity. For me, you are the best lover in this world. I can’t help loving you deeply.
7. I was lost and hopeless. But I kept praying for a savior to come in my life. God accepted my prayer and sent you. Now I owe you my life for eternity. Loving you madly is the only thing I can do perfectly!
8. I can’t decide if the best part of my day is waking up next to you, or going to sleep with you. Hurry home so I can compare the two again.
9. Whenever my phone vibrates, I hope you’re the reason for it.
10. Everyone has their own motivation to get up in the morning and face the day. You are mine.
11. Keep me embraced with your arms, as for me being in your arms is the safest place in the world. I love you.
12. Meeting you was the best thing that has ever happened to me. I feel lucky to have you. I love you, Babe.
13. I always pray to the lord to never get separated from you no matter how many arguments we have. I want our togetherness to last forever.
14. The mischievous smile you give every time when I get pissed off at you does not let me stay angry for long. I love you more than anything.
15. You have made me realized that love is the best feeling any human can feel. Thank you for coming in my life. I love you.
16. I don’t need to be known to the whole world, your warm hugs and kisses are all that I want. Keep loving me like this forever. I love you.
17. I cannot imagine surviving all the hardships of my life without your love and support. Keep holding my hands tightly forever. I love you.
18. Thanks, sweetheart/ hubby, You are there when I feel sad, You are there when my mood is bad, You always support me in life, You are the only reason why I survive, Love you!
19. It’s funny how you can go through life thinking you were complete until you fall in love. Now every time we’re apart I feel incomplete, my other half. I love you.
20. Most women have a certain degree of fear about growing old, as did I. However, as long as I get the opportunity to grow old with you, I know I’ll be just fine.
21. I know I’m in love. The words: tender, affectionate, handsome, strong and resilient are no longer a bunch of words. They are you.
22. Some women say those butterfly feelings you get in your stomach, only exist when you’re a young schoolgirl. How sad, they have never met a man like you.
The messages above will surely please your beloved. Why don’t you try them and let us know?
How to Express Your Feelings to the One You Love. A blimp with giant hearts flying across the sky might be the flashy way to get your message across, but . Writing a letter can also help articulate feelings and emotions you've been . a big deal, and wait until you have some privacy to be sad about it.
Do you know how it feels to be loved? What is love? It’s one of the most beautiful feelings in the world. This is one of those questions that we ask ourselves again and again. There are too many writers, poets, philosophers, sociologists and other "experts" in this field that have tried to understand this feeling. It is not surprising that so many people want to express love. Here are the most touching love messages and love quotes for your girlfriend she'll love to see.
Here are some heart touching love text messages to send to your girlfriend, pick one love text that will make her day.
The next heart touching and beautiful love messages for her will help to express your feelings. Pick the love text that will make her happy.
READ ALSO: Best missing you text messages for her
Do not you know what to say? Heart touching I love you messages and love quotes can help you to solve this problem. Here are some love text messages to choose from.
This was a compilation of the most heart touching love messages for girlfriend. You can send her one of these love quotes when she is without you, to show your feelings for her. However, do not forget to express your love and care with something more than text messages. Love and be loved.
READ ALSO: Nigerian wedding cakes: Bizarre designs
16 Sad Quotes That Will Get You Through Your Toughest Days you're ready to start feeling better, read up on some inspirational quotes.