May 12, Get ideas for your Mother's Day cards with these poems and quotes to Mom that say "I love you.".
Mother is the most special person in anyone’s life. And everyone loves his mother more than any other person. You have to let your mother know about your unconditional and intense love for her by using I Love You Messages For Mom. There are many love quotes for mom but we have a collection of some awesome I Love You Messages For Mom. You should not wait for some special event or a special day like your mom’s birthday or the mother’s day to wish her with I Love You Messages For Mom and tell her how much you love her. You must not go for typical love you messages for your mom, but you should try something new. And we have that new collection for you.
You can use I Love You Messages For Mom in different ways. You can prepare beautiful cards or you can also buy some and write I Love You Messages For Mom on those cards. You can also post on the Facebook timeline of you mother and can also send as a text messages. Many other ideas are also there. You can also use the ideas from your mind.
Here is our collection of I Love You Messages For Mom:
A mother can not be defined by words. She sees everything, says something. Sacrifices everything, complains something. Gives everything, expects something. Mom is simply the greatest person. I Love You so much mom. Thank you for everything.
With you, I was rude and moody sometimes and even screamed. But you always made sure that I stay happy and in good mood. Your heart was always very soft and like an open door to me. I love you for everything you have sacrificed for me.
A mother has a toughest job in this world. It is even more tough than any CEO. The CEO of any company runs that company while mother change the lives. CEOs make employees while mothers make CEOs. I love you so much mom. You are the most important person in my life.
I give a tribute to a wonderful woman in this world who works very hard to raise her children and to give them good future. She is a superwoman and yes… SHE IS MY MOM. I love you very much mom. You are a great woman.
If I have to make a perfect selfie. It would not be complete without my mom. Thank you for playing such a great role in my life. I love you mom
I may not be able to be like you but you will always be my inspiration. You are the best woman in this world for me.
I am not at all afraid of dying because I have already seen heaven when I rest my head on my mom’s shoulder. You are my inspiration and my favorite person. I love you so much mom.
A mother is someone who can bear you and hear your lies even if she knows you are lying. Mom, you are the best person in my life and you deserve nothing less than best. I want to thank you for everything you have done for me but words are not enough to thank you.
I can not describe my love for my mom by words. You mean a world to me. If anyone one wants to know how much I love you, he has to go inside my heart. My love for you is a never ending thing. I love you so very much mama
The way you took my care and bring me to this stage and loved me so much. I can never return you a bit of a favor you have done to me. You have sacrificed your everything for me. I love you for all this mommy.
You are my first and the best teacher. What you have given me is something on the next level and can not be compared with the schools and colleges. I love you mom. Thank you for giving your love to me.
You are the best person in my life and the person I need most in my life. Now I came to know that I can not spend my life without you.
You are the best mom but you are also my best friend. I can share my problems with you like a friend and you give me the best possible suggestion like a best friend. I love you for this mom. I am so grateful to have such a loving and caring mom.
I know that you will always be my well wishes. I know that you have a strong heart full of love for your children behind these soft hugs. Your hugs make me love you more. You are my superhero mom. I love you
I am not always happy with you, I may be angry on you sometimes, I may not be nice to you sometimes, I may not hug you. But remember one thing that I always love you so much I will keep doing the same way. You are the best mom in this world.
Dear mom, you are the one who has made our family and who has made our house, a home. I love you. Dad is so lucky to have a partner like you and I am so lucky to have you as my mommy.
You are a super glue for our family that is holding all the family together. Without you our family will not be the same way as it is now. I wish that you live a very long life with good health and all your wishes come true. I love you so much mom.
I am so thankful to God for giving me such a great mother. I am so lucky to be your son and I feel so blessed to have you as my mother. I so love you and I will never let you go far.
Mom, I feel like a luckiest person on this planet to have such a great and loving mother. I want to thank you for everything that you have done for me. But I know that I will not find words to thank you because your sacrifices are beyond description. I love for everything mom. You are the best mom in whole world.
Mom, Thank you for making me proud and feeling proud of my strengths, and never feeling ashamed of my disabilities. Thanks for everything.
Your love has a magical touch and you are perfect. The bond between both of us is irreplaceable and unbreakable. The warmth of your love has made me love you even more. I guarantee you that no one can love you the way I do. I love you mom. May your life be filled with the happiness and joy.
I have lived so awesome life because you are a part of it. You are the most amazing thing in my life and a valuable treasure that I will never want to lose. I can not even think of living my life without you and your love. Thank for loving me this much.
Throughout my life, my childhood, my teenage and my adulthood, you have always been my inspiration. You are the best woman in the world. Or I must say that you are my world. All these years I have passed, I realized that I am nothing without you. I can not spend my life without you. And whatever I am and wherever I am today is just because of you. I love you mommy.
No matter how many girls come in my life. You will always be the most amazing lady in my life. You are the love of my life and the reason I am here in this world. I love you so much mama.
Every mother takes responsibility for the achievement of her children. But only good mothers take the responsibility of their children’s failures too. You are one of the greatest moms in this world. And a most important lady in my life. I love you.
Mom, you were always there for me to support me, you were always there for me whenever I needed you, you always stood by me, you always made my day when I was down, you always love me more than I deserve. I love for you this mom. Thank you for always being there for me and supporting me.
Lots of love to the queen of our little kingdom, to the queen of my daddy and to the most loving mom in this world. I love you very much. My love for you can not be measured.
You always gave me the best and better than I deserve. You gave me a wonderful life. You are a wonderful lady, a best wife and an awesome and loving mom. I love you mom for being such a great mother and for taking care of me more than I deserve.
You have always been a good mother as well as a good father for me. You filled up the father’s space in my life and I wish you a wonderful and awesome life. I promise that I will make you every wish complete.
I love you for many reasons mom. One of the most important reasons is that you can understand me and help me the way no one else can. All the good things I do is just because you have taught me. I love you so much mom.
No one can ever replace the love a mother can give to her child! You are my inspiration, my muse and my perfect definition for a woman! I love you mom, never forget that!
To the woman who will forever wait for me to come home safe and will shield me from any evil in the world: I love mom, with all my strength!
Although I don’t say it enough, I love you enough to move mountains! Thank you for guiding me through life and for always having my back! I love you!
You took a piece of your heart and planted it inside mine for eternity! You love us like no other and I cannot imagine having a better mom! I love you so much!
I will be there for you when you need it, I will make sure you are always safe! I will never leave your side and I will forever be thankful for being the best mom in the world! I love you!
A mother’s love is like the mountain itself: strong, unyielding, everlasting! Thank you for loving me twice as much! I love you,mom!
When I lack words, I will hug you. When you need me beside you, I will be there. When you feel the loneliest, I will make sure to remind you how much you are loved each day! I love you,mom!
You gave me a love of proportions I never knew existed! For that and so much more, I will forever love you and be by your side! Love you so much,mom!
Your kindness and beauty know no limits. You are wise beyond your years and you have taught me to live life to the fullest! I love you mom and I’ll always will!
We had good times and we had bad ones. But, regardless of what we went through that has only intensified my love for you, mom! You are the best!
Your hugs speak of comfort, your words scream of wisdom, your patience exudes hopefulness! You are the best mother ever, and I wish you all the goodness of this world!
You turned our house into a homely heaven, and I look forward to coming back to it each and every time! You are everything, mom! I love you!
Mom, I cannot thank you enough for being by my side when I needed you the most! I love you beyond any measure and will always be fond of your precious soul!
You formed a bond between us, and to this day I am thankful for teaching me what love, care, and respect are! I will love you until the end of time, mom!
You are big on giving and modest on taking! You deserve every blessing this world has to offer, because of the mother you are! I love you immensely and always will!
Apr 17, 56 Mother's Day messages to help you show moms everywhere just how much you a 56 positive and happy Mother's Day messages and quotes to inspire you . Thinking of you on Mother's Day and wishing you lots of love.
Only a few bonds in the universe can compare to that which exists between a mother and her child. It is so strong, so pure, and so warm!
Here are some sweetly written love quotes you can use in expressing the beautiful feelings of love in your heart to your mother.
Mother, I’ll love you forever.
Memories of my Mother | I Love You
World’s most wonderful Mother.
Best Mom in the World | Birthday Wishes for your Mother
Good Morning Messages for Mom
The Perfect Birthday Gift List for Mom | 20 Ideas for Mother’s Special Day
If you liked what you read, please share it. It really helps us a lot.
Say "Happy Birthday Mom" with our collection of birthday wishes, quotes, poems, and image quotes for your mom.
Use the quick-links to jump to a particular section, or scroll down the page to see the entire collection of birthday wishes for mom.
ShortHeartfeltFunnyFrom DaughterFrom SonMother-In-LawQuotesPoemsImages with Quotes
Last updated: May 28, 2019.
Let your mom know you're thinking about her on her special day with one of these simple birthday wishes for mom. They're short and sweet, and perfect for a greeting card or sms message.
Happy Birthday Mom! Take it easy today. You deserve it!
It's your birthday! I recommend you kick back, relax, and let dad do all the work for once.
Every year of aging is another year of learning. You've taught me so well, and each year I look forward to learning new things from you. Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday to the sweetest mom in the world!
To the world you may be one person, but to me you are the whole world. Happy Birthday Mom!
Happy Birthday to the best mom ever! Sure you get older every year, but to me your heart is young as ever.
Mom, only you can do everything and still look great every day! Know what that makes you? A SUPERMOM. Happy Birthday to a lady who just keeps getting younger!
Not all heroes wear capes. Wishing you a special day for a special lady.
Today's your birthday, but that's not all I'm celebrating. See, it's a big day for me too. I'm celebrating my own luck to have you as my mom!
Today you should get to feel at least as special as you always make me feel. Happy Birthday Mom, live it up!
Everything that's awesome about me, I got from you. Happy Birthday and stay awesome!
My warmest wishes, Mom. You deserve to enjoy every bit of it.
The more birthdays you have, the more beautiful you get. Have a great birthday, Mom.
Happy Birthday to my amazing mother, mentor, and friend. May God bless you each year.
Dear Mom, wishing you a very relaxing day and a joy-filled year!
It's your birthday, Mom! To make your day special, I've managed to put all the candles on the cake! Have fun.
Top of page
Let your mom know just how much you love and appreciate her with one of these beautiful and heartfelt birthday wishes for mom.
You are my first friend, my best friend, and my forever friend. I can't wait to help you celebrate your birthday!
Even though I'm getting older, I find I need you more than ever. There's nothing like one of your warm hugs. Wishing you a birthday as heartwarming as you!
You are my angel, my light and guiding star. You're always there to lead me through the dark moments in my life. Thank you for filling my life with beauty and joy. Happy Birthday Mom!
On your birthday, I want to thank your for lighting my way. I'm blessed to have a mom who is so loving and strong. Today, I hope you feel the love of all who adore you with peace in your soul, laughter in your heart, and smiles all around.
Dear Mom, we may be apart right now, but your influence is always with me. No matter where I go or what I do, you will always be in my heart! I am thinking of you on this special day. Happy Birthday!
Dear Mom, no matter how old I get, you will always be my rock and the person I run to when I need shoulder to lean on. Have a wonderful birthday!
It's amazing all the good that God can do through a single life like yours. Happy Birthday to an amazing woman and mother!
They say all mothers are special, but, Mom, I think you are the greatest of them all! And I mean every word I say. On this special day, I want to thank you for loving and shaping me into the person that I have become today. Have an extraordinarily happy birthday.
Dear Mom, we may argue, cry, and have misunderstandings. There are times that you scold and times I disobey. Not matter what, though, I will always know that you are the greatest mom in the whole world. And I love you. Happy Birthday! From Your Stubborn Kid xx
To my wonderful mother on her special day: You have given me tough love and honest advice, even when I didn't want to hear it. You have encouraged me and chastised me when I needed it. What I'm trying to say is, you're the reason I turned out to be the best version of myself. I am wishing you a wonderful birthday, from my heart to yours!
What would I do without you, Mother? Thank you for helping me blossom into what I was born to be. I hope you have an exceptionally wonderful day because you're an exceptionally wonderful woman!
What a marvelous friend you have been to me. You're the only person who understands my deepest fears. And the only one who knows how to make me smile again after facing them. Mommy, I love you. Happy Birthday.
Every day, I thank God for a mother like you. You are the complete package. Beautiful, loving, hardworking, understanding and easy to relate to. Mom, I wish you a wonderful happy birthday.
For a wonderful mom on your birthday: When I need love and understanding, and someone who truly cares, you offer a shoulder to cry on and chase away the nightmares. When I need to chat and someone to listen, your love remains strong and true. That's why I'm wishing a birthday full of joy and love, just for you!
We may not get to spend much time together now that we live in separate houses, but I cherish all of our phone calls and text messages. Let's never stop. Happy Birthday to the coolest mom around!
Top of page
Give your mom a good laugh on her birthday with a funny Happy Birthday card message! These wishes poke fun at the mother-child relationship and celebrate the joys and trials of raising children.
All of my crazy comes from you, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Happy Birthday Mom!
You are such a great mother. I've always wondered how you put up with me all these years and kept your cool. Then, I found your wine stash and things became clear to me! Happy Birthday, let's pour a glass and celebrate!
Happy Birthday, Mom! I'm so happy that you look so good, since I got to inherit those good-looking genes.
I knew exactly what you wanted for your birthday this year. Me... out of the house for a day. Happy Birthday, Mom!
It's amazing how good you look for your age, considering all the grief I gave you when I was younger. Happy Birthday, Mom!
Happy Birthday Mom! Now that I'm older, I want to say thank you for never leaving me in a shopping cart and running away. I know it was tempting, and no one would have blamed you.
I'm so lucky to have a mom who still parties like she's in her twenties. Happy Birthday and enjoy your special day!
Hey Mom, thank goodness that I'm finally old enough to show you how I really party. Happy Birthday to you!
Mom, a great birthday is the least we can do for you after all you've put up with through the years. Happy Birthday from your obnoxious kids,
Happy Xth anniversary of your 29th bday to my favorite mom! Enjoy your day!
9 out of 10 scientists agree: The more birthdays you have, the longer you live. Happy Birthday Mom!
Top of page
The relationship between a mother and her daughter is a precious and special one, and a birthday is a great time to thank your mom for all she does for you and let her know just how much you love and care about her.
When I was little, you brushed my hair, kissed my cheeks, and read me fairytales every night. You've helped to make my life into a happy, beautiful tale. For that, and everything, I can't thank you enough. Now it's time for your story. Happy Birthday and may your wishes come true!
No one knows me like you, Mom. You know just what to say to make me laugh and just what to do to push my buttons. Talking to you turns my frown into a smile. Happy Birthday to the greatest mom in the world!
They say you're getting older, but we can still pass for sisters! So, to me, you look better than ever. Wishing you the best, my cool mom.
Mom, I may run from your scolding now and then, but I can never hide from your warm embrace. You are compassionate and loving, and I thank God that I have you. Happy Birthday.
I can clear my debts, settle my loans, and make up for my losses. But I have nothing that comes close to paying you back for your tender love and care. I can't thank you enough! Happy Birthday Mom.
Even at my worst moments your love for me remains solid. You have been so real and constant all these years. You're the best mother a daughter could hope for! Happy Birthday Mom.
Dear Mom, I hope that you're half as proud of me as I am of you. After all, you're even sweeter than the cake we're about to serve. Happy Birthday from your daughter.
Mom, you have been teaching me every step of the way. Especially now that I'm grown, I realize what a master you are at the art of motherhood! I hope that I will become half the mother you are someday. But, right now, it's time to celebrate your birthday!
Some days, I look at myself and see you in the reflection of the mirror. Your eyes, hair, and skin. Most importantly, though, I am reminded of the influence you have had in the woman I have become. Without you, I doubt I would be where I am today. Wishing you a happy birthday and a year of blessings!
And here is a beautiful mother daughter quote you could use as part of your birthday message to say Happy Birthday Mom.
As mothers and daughters, we are connected with one another. My mother is the bones of my spine, keeping me straight and true. She is my blood, making sure it runs rich and strong. She is the beating of my heart. I cannot now imagine a life without her.
~ Kristin Hannah
Top of page
Let your mom know just how brilliant you think she is with one of these birthday message ideas. From heartfelt to funny, they try to capture some of the magic of the relationship between a son and his mom.
Mom, thanks for not giving up on me when you had the chance. Happy Birthday!
Mom, you are the most outstanding woman in my life, and you'll always be my number one. Have a beautiful birthday!
When asked who my favorite real-life superhero is, I always say 'It's my mom.' Have an amazing birthday, Wonder Mom!
Happy Birthday to my very own superhero and the No. 1 problem-solver in my life. Today, we party for you!
Dear Mom, you taught me to speak and hold myself with strength and integrity. You have taught me lesson that I could have found nowhere else. Today, I hope you have a very special birthday!
When you were born, all the angels in heaven must have rejoiced, knowing they had an ally here on earth. Someone had to keep me out of trouble. Happy Birthday, my angel mother!
Mom, I want to grow up to be like you in the future. Sending you lots of love from your son. Happy Birthday!
It's no secret that you've made your mark in my life. Since my childhood, you've been that big tree whose shade allowed me to grow safe and strong. Happy Birthday, Mom.
Thank you for the smiles and uncontrolled laughter, the love and kindness you have shown me since I was a little boy. Always remember how grateful I am and that I love you dearly. Happy Birthday Mom!
And here is a beautiful mother and son quote you could use as part of a greeting card message to your Mom.
A mom gives her son her hands to hold for a while. Then she offers him her heart for the rest of her life.
You could add: You've always been there for me. On your birthday, remember that I'm there for you too. Happy Birthday Mom!
Top of page
Wish your mother-in-law a fabulous birthday with one of these sweet and simple Happy Birthday wishes for mother-in-laws.
Happy Birthday to the sweetest second-mother in the universe! May good fortune, peace, and happiness always shine upon you.
Happy Birthday to my favorite mother-in-law. If we weren't already related, I'd choose you as a friend!
Dear Mother-in-Law, sending lots of love your way. Savor every single moment of your special day. You deserve it. Happy Birthday!
Dear Mom-in-law, we may be special cookies, but at least we have each other. Thanks for always being the chocolate to my chip. Your favorite daughter-in-law,
You always put others first, Mom-In-Law. Today, we'll take the reigns. It's your turn to put work off, put some music on, put your feet up and relax on your birthday!
Wishing you all the love, health, and happiness that you deserve. I hope everything is the best for your special day!
To the rest of the world, you may seen to be a mere mother-in-law, but deep down in my heart, you are a rock of support during life's turbulent storms. Enjoy this day to the max!
When I married your son/daughter, I never knew that it would start an amazing relationship with an intelligent woman like you. Thanks for broadening my view of the world and helping me to grow. Happy Birthday!
Recent though it may be, I'm so glad to be part of your family. Wishing you all the best on your birthday!
Sometimes our relationship is sweet, sometimes it's sour. Sometimes it is salty, sometimes bitter. In short, it's the most delicious cocktail, and I wouldn't have it any other way! Happy Birthday Mother-In-Law!
Top of page
Beautiful and inspirational quotations about mothers that capture how special moms are! These mom quotes can be used as part of a greeting card message to say Happy Birthday Mom, or shared on social media.
Successful mothers are not the ones who have never struggled. They are the ones who never give up, despite their struggles.
~ Sharon Jaynes
You could add: Thank you, Mom, for never giving up. You were there not only on the special days, but on the hard days too, and I hope I can do the same for you.
A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden fall upon us; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still she will cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.
~ Washington Irving
You could add: Happy Birthday to my mother and my best friend.
Motherhood is a choice you make everyday to put someone else's happiness and well-being ahead of your own, to teach the hard lessons, to do the right thing even when you're not sure what the right thing is... and to forgive yourself over and over again for doing everything wrong.
~ Donna Bell
A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary.
~ Dorothy Canfield Fisher
God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers.
~ Jewish Proverb
Mother's love is bliss, is peace, it need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. If it is there, it is like a blessing; if it is not there, it is as if all the beauty had gone out of life."
~ Erich Fromm
To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow.
~ Maya Angalou
I am sure that if the mothers of various nations could meet, there would be no more wars.
~ E. M. Forster
No language can express the power and beauty and heroism of a mother's love.
~ Edwin Chapin
I got to grow up with a mother who taught me to believe in me.
~ Antonio Villaraigosa
A mother's happiness is like a beacon, lighting up the future but reflected also on the past in the guise of fond memories.
~ Honore de Balzac
Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love.
~ Stevie Wonder
I am closest to my mother, as she is my rock, my pillar of strength, and my world. Not only has she stood by me through all times - happy, sad, and otherwise - but there have even been moments when I had completely lost hope, and her immense belief in me had lifted me up.
~ Amruta Khanvilkar
Life doesn't come with a manual, it comes with a mother.
It's a funny thing about mothers and fathers. Even when their own child is the most disgusting little blister you could ever imagine, they still think that he or she is wonderful.
~ Roald Dahl
Top of page
A selection of funny and sweet poems about mothers that put into words feelings of gratitude for our moms and for all they do for us. Great for adding to a greeting card message for your mom.
Of all the special joys in life,
The big ones and the small,
A mother's love and tenderness
is the greatest of them all.
You could add: Thank you Mom for your unconditional love and support. I love you! I hope you have a great birthday!
As a vine sustains and nourishes its branches,
So do you provide and care for your own.
You make my sorrows and pain your own
So that I don't have to bear any,
And you allay my worries and fears
So that I can thrive unencumbered.
You could add: Mom, you deserve all the hugs and kisses a child can give.
Happy Birthday to the best mother in the world!
Mom you're the greatest, Mom you're the best,
You put up with all of us, though we're real pests!
You feed us, you help us, and you're always there,
So we're giving you this card, just to be fair!
You could add: Happy Birthday Mom! With love from your kids,
Sisters are nice and brothers are too,
Daddies are there to help us pull through,
But everyone know who the real heroes are,
Mothers help us and love us and are never too far.
You could add: Thanks Mom, for being my friend and cheerleader!
Moms are supposed to be sweet
And, they're supposed to be kind
But I am sure that means other moms
Are nothing like mine!
Top of page
Share one of these beautiful Happy Birthday Mom images with quotes with your mama on her birthday and bring a smile to her face on her special day!
Happy Birthday Mom! Take it easy today. You deserve it!
Happy Birthday to the sweetest mom in the world!
Mom, to the world you may be one person, but to me you are the whole world. Happy Birthday!
You are my first friend, my best friend, and my forever friend. I can't wait to help you celebrate your birthday! Happy Birthday Mom.
Happy Birthday to the best mom! I love you to the moon... and back again!
The more birthdays you have, the more beautiful you get! Have a great birthday, Mom.
Happy Birthday to my amazing mother, mentor, and friend. May God bless you each year.
Happy Birthday Mom! You're the best Mom in the universe!
My mother, my friend so dear,
Throughout my life you're always near.
A tender smile to guide my way,
You're the sunshine to light my day.
When God created mothers,
all as lovely as can be,
He made one extra special,
and saved her just for me!
God could not be everywhere and therefore He made mothers.
~ Jewish Proverb
Happy Birthday to you.
It's time to shine!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you.
Happy Birthday to you.
Top of page
Still looking for the perfect way to say Happy Birthday Mom? Maybe you want a message for a particular birthday year, or an extra funny message? Check out these other articles for more card message ideas:
30th B'day40th B'day50th B'day60th B'dayBirthday WishesFunnyImages QuotesBelatedBible VerseBirthday Prayer
Mother is one who love and care us the most in this world. A mother sacrifices many things in life and does her best for her children. She is the reason you live.
It’s been more than 100 years since Woodrow Wilson proclaimed Mother’s Day a national celebration in May 1914!
To mark the occasion now celebrated annually on the second Sunday in May you could lavish mom with flowers, cards or other gifts. But how about giving her something that won’t wilt, collect dust or be thrown away. Tell mom how important she is with words—specifically iconic quotes that remind her how important moms are to everyone.
Need help finding the perfect words? We’ve rounded up 100 moving quotes about the most important lady in all of our lives: mom.
MORE: 100 Inspiring Quotes on Love and Marriage
These missives come from all types of people, from authors and poets to politicians, actors, and celebrities and from across a huge span of time. George Eliot and Edgar Allen Poe are quoted here; so are Tupac Shakur and even Snooki. They all have one thing in common: they know the importance of a mother.
1. “All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” —Abraham Lincoln
2. “My mother has always been my emotional barometer and my guidance. I was lucky enough to get to have one woman who truly helped me through everything.” —Emma Stone
3. “I believe in the strength and intelligence and sensitivity of women. My mother, my sisters [they] are strong. My mum is a strong woman and I love her for it.” —Tom Hiddleston
4. “I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.” —Abraham Lincoln
5. “My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her.” —George Washington
6. “Life began with waking up and loving my mother’s face.” —George Eliot
7. “It’s a funny thing about mothers and fathers. Even when their own child is the most disgusting little blister you could ever imagine, they still think that he or she is wonderful.” —Roald Dahl
8. “When you’re in the thick of raising your kids by yourself, you tend to keep a running list of everything you think you’re doing wrong. I recommend taking a lot of family pictures as evidence to the contrary.” —Connie Schultz
9. “Kids don’t stay with you if you do it right. It’s the one job where, the better you are, the more surely you won’t be needed in the long run.” —Barbara Kingsolver
10. “Mothers and their children are in a category all their own. There’s no bond so strong in the entire world. No love so instantaneous and forgiving.” —Gail Tsukiyama
11. “The best place to cry is on a mother’s arms.” —Jodi Picoult
12. “A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary.” —Dorothy Canfield Fisher
13. “Mother’s love is bliss, is peace, it need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. If it is there, it is like a blessing; if it is not there it is as if all the beauty had gone out of life.” —Erich Fromm
14. “If I have done anything in life worth attention, I feel sure that I inherited the disposition from my mother.” —Booker T. Washington
15. “There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.” —Jill Churchill
16. “I realized when you look at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know.” —Mitch Albom
17. “Everybody wants to save the Earth; nobody wants to help Mom do the dishes.” —P.J. O’Rourke
18. “Being a mother is an attitude, not a biological relation.” —Robert A. Heinlein
19. “If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?” —Milton Berle
20. “Most mothers are instinctive philosophers.” —Harriet Beecher Stowe
21. “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow.” —Maya Angelou
22. “The phrase ‘working mother’ is redundant.” —Jane Sellman
23. “[A] mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled.” —Emily Dickinson
24. “A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.” —Victor Hugo
25. “Youth fades; love droops; the leaves of friendship fall; A mother’s secret hope outlives them all.” —Oliver Wendell Holmes
26. “Whatever else is unsure in this stinking dunghill of a world a mother’s love is not.” —James Joyce
27. “My mother had a slender, small body, but a large heart—a heart so large that everybody’s joys found welcome in it, and hospitable accommodation.” —Mark Twain
28. “My mother was a reader, and she read to us. She read us Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde when I was 6 and my brother was 8; I never forgot it.” —Stephen King
29. “Love as powerful as your mother’s for you leaves its own mark … to have been loved so deeply .. will give us some protection forever.” —J.K. Rowling
30. “It has been a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. My mom says some days are like that.” —Judith Viorst in Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
31. “When they’ve finished reading, Olivia’s mother gives her a kiss and says, ‘You know, you really wear me out. But I love you anyway.’ And Olivia gives her a kiss back and says, ‘I love you anyway too.'” —Ian Falconer in Olivia
32. “My mother was the one constant in my life. When I think about my mom raising me alone when she was 20, and working and paying the bills, and, you know, trying to pursue your own dreams, I think is a feat that is unmatched.” —Barack Obama
33. “[My mom] had this amazing attitude in the face of everything, including when she got cancer.” —Bill Clinton
34. “I unapologetically and unabashedly am deeply biased toward my mother.” —Chelsea Clinton
35. “My mother … had a very deep inner spirituality that allowed her to rebuild her life. It’s extraordinary that she had such a strong sense of self and such a commitment to the future and such a strong creative sense that she could build new worlds for herself and for us out of the total devastation in her life.” —Caroline Kennedy
36. “I tell my kids, ‘I am thinking about you every other minute of my day.’” —Michelle Obama
37. “I’m still amazed at how my mother emerged from her lonely early life as such an affectionate and levelheaded woman.” —Hillary Clinton
38. “My parents elected me president of the family when I was 4. We actually had an election every year and I always won. I’m an only child, and I could count on my mother’s vote.” —Condoleezza Rice
39. “A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s.” —Princess Diana
40. “[Motherhood is] the biggest gamble in the world. It is the glorious life force. It’s huge and scary—it’s an act of infinite optimism.” —Gilda Radner
41. “When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.” —Sophia Loren
42. “My mother is my root, my foundation. She planted the seed that I base my life on, and that is the belief that the ability to achieve starts in your mind.” —Michael Jordan
43. “Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother.” —Oprah Winfrey
44. “Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love.” —Stevie Wonder
45. “Motherhood has a very humanizing effect. Everything gets reduced to essentials.” —Meryl Streep
46. “She raised us with humor, and she raised us to understand that not everything was going to be great—but how to laugh through it.” —Liza Minnelli (on mom Judy Garland)
47. “I don’t know if I feel like a bad mom, but at the end of the day I’m always plagued with, did I do enough? Should I go in a different direction? But I also know that my entire life revolves around [my son] Louis.” —Sandra Bullock
48. “It’s not easy being a mother. If it were easy, fathers would do it.” —Dorothy on The Golden Girls
49. “If I were hanged on the highest hill / Mother o’ mine, O mother o’ mine! / I know whose love would follow me still / Mother o’ mine, O mother o’ mine!” —Rudyard Kipling
50. “Because I feel that, in the Heavens above / The angels, whispering to one another, / Can find, among their burning terms of love / None so devotional as that of ‘Mother'” —Edgar Allen Poe
51. “There ought to be a hall of fame for mamas / Creation’s most unique and precious pearl / And heaven help us always to remember / That the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world” —Glen Campbell
52. “I finally understand / for a woman it ain’t easy tryin to raise a man / You always was committed / A poor single mother on welfare, tell me how ya did it / There’s no way I can pay you back / But the plan is to show you that I understand / You are appreciated” —Tupac Shakur
53. “You showed me when I was young just how to grow / You showed me everything that I should know / You showed me just how to walk without your hands / Cuz mom you always were the perfect fan” —The Backstreet Boys
54. “I wanna tell the whole world about a friend of mine / This little light of mine, I’m feelin’ let it shine / I’m feelin’ take y’all back to them better times/ I’m feelin’ talk about my mama if y’all don’t mind” —Kanye West
55. “Never gonna go a day without you / Fills me up just thinking about you / I’ll never go a day without my mama” —Boyz II Men
56. “Mama, you taught me to do the right things / So now you have to let your baby fly / You’ve given me everything that I will need / To make it through this crazy thing called life” —Carrie Underwood
57. “My mom [has] always been my hero. Watching her experience something like breast cancer was pivotal, I think in my whole family’s life and experience. She is one strong lady.” —Emma Stone
58. “A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.” ―Washington Irving
59. “Motherhood: All love begins and ends there.” —Robert Browning
60. “In 1971, Bossier City, Louisiana, there was a teenage girl who was pregnant with her second child. She was a high school dropout and a single mom, but somehow she managed to make a better life for herself and her children. She encouraged her kids to be creative, to work hard, and to do something special. That girl is my mother and she’s here tonight. And I just want to say, I love you, Mom. Thank you for teaching me to dream.” —Jared Leto
61. “You sacrificed for us. You’re the real MVP.” —Kevin Durant
62. “My mom had four kids, one with special needs. She had a full-time job, and she still came home and made dinner for us every night, from scratch. It was amazing.” —Eva Longoria
63. “It’s the job that I take most seriously in my life and I think it’s the hardest job.” —Debra Messing
64. There’s something that just happens to you when you have a baby, and you look at their little eyes for the first time when you’re holding them. They’ve been safe inside your belly for almost 10 months, and now they’re in your arms. Intuition kicks in, where you will do anything for them and you have all the tools inside of you to take care of them.” —Hillary Duff
65. “Don’t listen to anyone’s advice. Listen to your baby … There are so many books, doctors, and well-meaning friends and family. We like to say, ‘You don’t need a book. Your baby is a book. Just pick it up and read it.’” —Mayim Bialik
66. “Having children just puts the whole world into perspective. Everything else just disappears.” —Kate Winslet
67. “[When] you’re dying laughing because your three-year-old made a fart joke, it doesn’t matter what else is going on. That’s real happiness.” —Gwyneth Paltrow
68. “Over the years, I learned so much from mom. She taught me about the importance of home and history and family and tradition. She also taught me that aging need not mean narrowing the scope of your activities and interests or a diminution of the great pleasures to be had in the everyday.” —Martha Stewart
69. “My mother is a walking miracle.” —Leonardo DiCaprio
70. “I see myself as mom first. I’m so lucky to have that role in life. The world can like me, hate me or fall apart around me and at least I wake up with my kids and I’m happy.” —Angelina Jolie
71. “Sometimes, when I want to take on the world, I try to remember that it’s just as important to sit down and ask my son how he’s feeling or talk to him about life.” —Angelina Jolie
72. “I think every working mom probably feels the same thing: You go through big chunks of time where you’re just thinking, ‘This is impossible — oh, this is impossible.’ And then you just keep going and keep going, and you sort of do the impossible.” —Tina Fey
73. “Being a mom has made me so tired. And so happy.” —Tina Fey
74. “[Motherhood is] ‘heart-exploding, blissful hysteria.'” —Olivia Wilde
75. “The films I’ve made for children have been my hardest work, my best, because kids deserve the best.” —Emma Thompson
76. “Acceptance, tolerance, bravery, compassion. These are the things my mom taught me.” —Lady Gaga
77. “I would say that my mother is the single biggest role model in my life, but that term doesn’t seem to encompass enough when I use it about her. She was the love of my life.” —Mindy Kaling
78. “If I’ve learned anything as a mom with a daughter who’s three, I’ve learned that you cannot judge the way another person is raising their kid. Everybody is just doing the best they can. It’s hard to be a mom.” —Maggie Gyllenhaal
79. “As my mom always said, ‘You’d rather have smile lines than frown lines.’” —Cindy Crawford
80. “When I had my first child I thought, ‘This is the best-kept secret.’ You know how parents rattle on to you about, ‘Oh, you won’t believe your life will never be the same,’ and da, da, da and you think, ‘Why can’t these people just get over it? All they’re doing is yakking on about their kids. It’s such a bore.’ And then you have kids and you just want to do all the same things.” —Uma Thurman
81. “She drove me to ballet class…and she took me to every audition. She’d be proud of me if I was still sitting in that seat or if I was watching from home. She believes in me and that’s why this [award] is for her. She’s a wonderful mother.” —Elisabeth Moss
82. “My mom is my hero. [She] inspired me to dream when I was a kid, so anytime anyone inspires you to dream, that’s gotta be your hero.” —Tim McGraw
83. “[My mother] always said I was beautiful and I finally believed her at some point.” —Lupita Nyong’o
84. “[What’s beautiful about my mother is] her compassion, how much she gives, whether it be to her kids and grandkids or out in the world. She’s got a sparkle.” —Kate Hudson (on mom Goldie Hawn)
85. “My mom is a hard worker. She puts her head down and she gets it done. And she finds a way to have fun. She always says, ‘Happiness is your own responsibility.’ That’s probably what I quote from her and live by the most.” —Jennifer Garner
86. “We used to sing along to Judy Garland and Ella Fitzgerald records together. She had the most amazing voice … She’s always encouraged me, and she’s still that person who, when things look dire, lifts me up and reminds me of who I am and that we all have a capacity for greatness.” —Sheryl Crowe
87. “My mother taught me to be nice to everybody. And she said something before I left home. She said, ‘I want you to always remember that the person you are in this world is a reflection of the job I did as a mother.'” —Jason Segel
88. “I remember being seven and asking my mom if I was as pretty as Monique [my best friend in grade school]. And with all the love in the world, my mom looked at me and said, “Oh, honey, you’re so funny.’ So, she doesn’t lie to me…she answers the question by not answering and instead tells me what she thinks is my greatest strength.” —Jennifer Aniston
89. “I like my body so much better after I had kids. Is that a crazy thing to say? I’m more womanly. I feel sexier.” —Reese Witherspoon
90. “Most people’s mothers are the most influential person in their life. But my mother survived the camps, and she was very strong. She made me strong, but she wanted me to be strong. That’s more important.” —Diane von Furstenberg
91. “My mom is the greatest mom in the whole wide world. She’s done everything for me to make my dreams come true.” —Josh Hutcherson
92. “My mother is everything to me. She’s my anchor, she’s the person I go to when I need to talk to someone. She is an amazing woman.” —Demi Lovato
93. “There were times when, in middle school and junior high, I didn’t have a lot of friends. But my mom was always my friend. Always.” —Taylor Swift
94. “I don’t think of myself as a terribly confident person. But I have a survival mechanism that was instilled in me by my mother.” —Naomi Watts
95. “There’s no such thing as a supermom. We just do the best we can.” —Sarah Michelle Gellar
96. “I have found being a mother has made me emotionally raw in many situations. You heart is beating outside your body when you have a baby.” —Kate Beckinsale
97. “It’s been a huge joy, this experience of being a mom … I don’t know how to articulate it yet, because it is so fresh.”
98. “The best part of having two babies at once, a son and a daughter, is mostly everything. You’re just having that feeling of love inside you all the time and motherhood is such a fulfilling place to be. I kind of wish it would have happened to me earlier in my life.” —Jennifer Lopez
99. “[My favorite thing about motherhood is] that it’s made me grow into a woman finally, and I finally grew up, thank God.” —Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi
100. “You instantly become less selfish. You can’t be the biggest person in the world anymore—they are. [Motherhood] really grounds you.” —Keri Russell
May 1, My mum is a strong woman and I love her for it.” —Tom Hiddleston. 4. “I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.